Deposit Protection in Lebanon

Bank Account Holders in Lebanon: Protect Your Account Balance
in the Absence of Traditional Bank Deposit Insurance

Lebanon is a small country located in the Middle East, bordering Syria, Israel, and the Mediterranean Sea. It is a parliamentary democratic republic, and its government is based on the National Pact of 1943, which recognized a power-sharing arrangement between the different religious communities. The population of Lebanon is estimated to be just over 6 million, with an estimated 95% of the population being Arab, and the remaining 5% being Armenian, Assyrian, and other minority ethnicities. The official language is Arabic, and French and English are also widely spoken. Lebanon is known for its diverse religious and cultural heritage, boasting 18 recognized religious sects. The country has a long and turbulent history, and it has experienced several civil wars and periods of political unrest, most recently between 2005 and 2008. Despite this, it has been able to maintain a strong economy, which is largely based on tourism, banking, and remittances from Lebanese expatriates.

The country is known for its stunning landscapes, cultural heritage, and cuisine. It is home to the oldest continuous settlement in the world, the Beirut Central District. It also has a rich history of art, music, and literature. Famous for its hummus, falafel, tabbouleh, and kibbeh, Lebanese cuisine is a unique fusion of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and French flavors. Additionally, Lebanon is known for its cedar forests, ski resorts, and coastal towns.

The Lebanese economy

Lebanon has a small, largely free-market economy, which is service-oriented and technology-driven. The country has an impressive banking sector and boasts a strong human capital base. However, its economy has been weakened by internal political instability, regional conflicts, and a series of external shocks, such as the Syrian civil war and the COVID-19 pandemic.

The country is heavily reliant on imports, particularly of fuel and food, and on external financing. The Lebanese pound is pegged to the US dollar, which has helped limit the impact of inflation. The main industries in Lebanon are banking and financial services, tourism, and construction. Manufacturing and agriculture also play a role in the country’s economy, but their contribution to GDP is relatively small. Lebanon has a large public sector and is highly dependent on foreign aid, particularly from the Gulf countries. This has helped the country remain resilient in the face of numerous economic shocks.

Contact us for More Information:

Deposit Guarantee Claim is a service by Legal Floris LLC to assist international creditors of licensed and supervised banks all around the world to reclaim their account balance when their bank fails. A Deposit Guarantee Claim is one of the critical steps to recover a full account balance. Leverage of academic knowledge that is substantiated by past experience in an international setting allows our customers to minimize their risk and maximize their recovery potential. Did your bank fail or stopped operating? Is access to your account restricted? Do you want to know what happens next? Or, do you just want to understand the mechanics of bank resolution? Feel free to contact us for further information:

Call: 00357 25 057 544 or 001 646 513 2855
Email: [email protected]
Complete the contact form below: